For me, Thanksgiving dinner is really about the sides. The turkey gets all the hype, but I could not care less about the bird (even though my hubby has a magical ability to make it really tasty). I’m a side dish gal all the way. As a kid, I would fill my plate with mashed potatoes (extra butter) and the fresh from the oven, still warm, dinner rolls. Yes, quite the healthy dinner plate.
As an adult, I still favor sides, but now I’m a bit more health conscious than my butter-slathering, carb-loading childhood self. This year, I’m planning to make healthy Thanksgiving sides, so I went on the hunt for options that would please my palette but still be interesting enough to seem special for the holidays. I’m planning to make my cheesy cauliflower cakes, and definitely some sort of sweet potato dish and brussels sprouts too, but I need to round out our sides menu. I have researched and found the top 20 Thanksgiving Sides for you. You need not spend time finding the best. Just pick few from below and fill the table. Your family members will love these.
Here are 20 delicious and healthy Thanksgiving sides, I’m considering for my menu. Check these out.
- Honey Roasted Butternut Squash with Cranberries and Feta – Peas and Crayons
- Rosemary and Garlic Mashed Cauliflower – The Cookie Rookie
- Parmesan Garlic Roasted Mushrooms – My Kitchen Escapades
- Orange Glazed Brussels Sprouts and Butternut Squash – Heart Beet Kitchen
- Shredded Brussels Sprouts with Pistachios, Cranberries & Parmesan – Cookin Canuck
- Honey Maple Roasted Carrots – The Café Sucre Farine
- Apple Pecan Wild Rice Pilaf – Carlsbad Cravings
- Roast Balsamic Onions – Tammy Circero
- Sweet Potato Casserole – Jessica in the Kitchen
- Baked Zucchini Sticks – Lil Luna
- The Creamiest Vegan Mac and Cheese (Gluten Free)
- Easy + Healthy Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecans (Dairy Free + Gluten Free)
- Instant Pot Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Tamale Pie Recipe with Beans + Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread (Gluten Free)
- Vegan Green Bean Casserole with Rosemary Garlic Mushrooms from Jar of Lemons
- Simple Homemade Paleo Cranberry Sauce from Paleo Running Momma
- Crispy Garlic Brussels Sprouts with Sriracha Aioli from Minimalist Baker
- Vegan Thanksgiving-Style Smashed Potatoes from I Love Vegan
- Shaved Carrots with Charred Dates from Bonaappetit
Hope you liked what we found for you. Do you have any favorite healthy Thanksgiving side dish recipes I should try? Please comment your favorite thanks giving recipes.